The Libertarian Party is the 3rd largest and fastest growing political party in the United States. Millions of Americans voted for Libertarian Party candidates in past elections because the Libertarian Party offers a viable alternative to the broken 2 party system in America.
Libertarians believe the answer to America’s political problems is individual liberty, not special interests or big government “solutions.” Our mission is to defend the individual liberty of all Minnesotans. We do this by recruiting Libertarian candidates for public office, educating the public about our principles and growing the membership.
You might be a libertarian if you think…
- We need less federal government and more local control.
- War is not the answer. Stop nation-building and being the “policeman of the world.”
- Businesses, including corporations and farms, should not get subsidies from the federal government.
- User fees, in most instances, are a much better solution than taxes.
- Foreign aid is generally wasteful, and most often does more harm than good.
- Military service should be voluntary. There should be no draft.
- Marijuana drug laws do more harm than good. Repeal them.
- Free trade with other nations is far better in the long term than imposing tariffs and taxes on each other’s products.
- If two people want to marry, that’s their business. Repeal regulations on sex between consenting adults.
- You live by the golden rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
- You have no wish to govern another person based on your personal religious views.
Learn why the Libertarian Party is an appealing option for independents, disaffected Republicans, Democrats and everyone else here.
The Libertarian Party of Minnesota (LPMN) is governed by the State Executive Committee. The Executive Committee is comprised of 4 state officers, 8 At-Large representatives and our Congressional District (CD) Affiliate representatives.
At a more local level, the state party is divided into congressional district affiliates, governed by a CD Chair and officers. Each CD affiliate is governed independent of the State Party. LPMN is a bottom-up, grassroots organization that highly values the important work done locally to spread the Libertarian message. If you’d like to get involved in a leadership role or as a volunteer or contributor, please contact us today!